Experienced Car Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
See to your financial welfare following a car accident by claiming insurance benefits and other forms of compensation from the responsible drivers. Our car accident lawyers in Los Angeles can help with this matter. We also offer legal representation in a personal injury or class action lawsuit.
We will aggressively fight for your rights and ensure you get the financial assistance you deserve.
Must-Do’s Immediately After a Car Accident
You can be a skilled driver who follows road rules, but you’re still vulnerable to the actions of negligent and reckless drivers. Read and remember the things you need to do so you’re prepared in case you get into a car accident.
Your first concern should be your passengers. Quickly check them for injuries and help them out of the vehicle if it’s safe to move them. Next, call 911 and request immediate medical and police personnel.
Stay calm and composed while you wait. Once the police officers arrive, clearly recount the incident. Avoid using vague references or words that will imply you’re not sure about what happened. Remember, your statement will be in the police report; it will be vital if you want to press charges against the other driver.
You also need to get these details for insurance purposes:
- Name, contact information, and license of the driver/s at fault
- The license plate of the vehicle/s at fault
- Photographs of the crash, including the damage to your vehicle and the injured victims
- Video from nearby CCTV cameras or dash cameras of the vehicles involved
Let’s suppose, however, that you sustained serious injuries and were not in a condition to retrieve information from the police or look for more evidence. What can be done about that? Let our personal injury attorneys in Southern California do it for you. Car accidents are among our practice areas, and our car accident attorneys in Los Angeles have helped hundreds of victims seek justice and compensation. We will work tirelessly to do the same for you.
California Tort Law and the Statute of Limitations
When should you call a car accident attorney? As soon as possible. Your case will have a better chance of winning if we can get to work soon after your accident. After all, crucial pieces of evidence, like tire marks and statements from passersby, are only accessible immediately after the accident.
Here are three more points to remember:
- As a fault or tort state, California law dictates that injured individuals must first prove that a driver is at fault before they can file claims on the latter’s insurance policy.
- California has a comparative fault or negligence law which states victims can receive compensation relative to a driver’s level of fault.
- California’s statute of limitations gives you two (2) years to file a personal injury case.
What these mean is you need to act fast and get a trustworthy, capable, and experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyer to defend your rights and secure the just compensation.
- Medical expenses, including rehabilitation and life care
- Lost wages (e.g., having to stay confined in the hospital)
- Impairment or disability which limits your capacity to make a living
- Property damage
- Insurance bad faith
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death
Choose LA Car Accident Lawyers as your advocate in your car accident case. We have 20 years of collective experience in personal injury litigation in Los Angeles and California. Moreover, we don’t charge clients if we fail to win their case.
Call us today and claim your FREE consultation.